Energy-Rechargers for Winners ~ [Issue 0705-3]
Jul 25, 2005 10:13 PDT
ENERGY-RECHARGERS FOR WINNERS
Copyright © 2005 by Patricia Wagner
Want more energy so you can live a more fulfilling life? Energy is
life's fuel! According to Benjamin Franklin, "Energy and persistence
alter all things."
Buckminster Fuller believed that real wealth is ideas plus energy. He
is famous for designing the lightest, strongest and least expensive
manmade structure - the geodesic dome. It can cover more space
without inner supports than any other structure and it can be put
together very rapidly. In Honolulu in 1957 a full house listened to a
concert 22 hours after the delivery of the dome's parts. Buckminster
Fuller make a remarkable contribution to architecture, but he needed
energy to do it.
What could you achieve with more energy?
Here are 12 energy renewers to help you achieve more in life:
Your physical health rechargers:
1. Eat and drink for optimum health. Be sure to eat well-balanced
meals. Drink lots of water because dehydration can exhaust your body
of its store of energy. If you're carrying extra weight this too can
cause exhaustion. Take advantage of nutritional supplements since
there are many key nutrients that may not be in the food you eat.
2. Spend time outdoors and improve your indoor light. Walk to a local
park or lovely recreational area on a regular basis.Open the curtains
and let in the sunshine. Purchase artificial lighting that mimics the
spectrum of the sun.
3. Seek help when you experience medical problems. A number of
medical conditions cause tiredness. Adrenal exhaustion caused by
stress, low thyroid function, anemia and hormonal imbalances are some
conditions that can cause exhaustion.
4. Get enough sleep. Be sure to get your proper amount of sleep.
Experiment to see how much you need and then stick to it so you don't
sabotage your energy by depriving yourself of needed sleep.
5. Exercise and practice proper breathing. Try to exercise at least
three times a week. Don't forget that proper breathing is essential
to your health too. Try breathing deeply instead of shallowly. At
times for relaxation take deep breaths through your nose and then
exhale through your mouth. Do this slowly and deeply. This can be
very relaxing and energizing at the same time. It's a great stress
Your mental and emotional renewers:
1. Say goodbye to worry. Worry never helped anyone. It just drains
away needed energy. Captain J. A. Hadfield got it right when he
stated: "This art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing
from it all care and worry is probably one of the secrets of energy
in our great men."
2. Choose inspiring people for friends. Your friends will either lift
you up or drag you down, so choose them wisely.
3. Check your emotional health. Focus on others and learn to develop
a positive attitude toward life. Being wrapped up in yourself is very
4. Work wisely. Work hard at your job or at your self-employment, but
don't neglect your family or your need for recreation.
5. Don't waste your energy. Beware of energy-wasters like holding
grudges, resentment and unforgiveness. Attitudes like these hurt you
and contribute nothing worthwhile to your life. Weed those out for
6. Dream big dreams. Do you have a dream? Having one can help you to
be more energetic. There's just something about having a goal that is
7. Rise above your own strength. The Bible is full of many promises
to those who recognize their need. Here's one: Isaiah 40:31 - "But
they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and
they shall walk, and not faint."
What's holding you back from increasing your energy? Try these
energy-rechargers and win!
Patricia Wagner offers informative tips on living a more
energetic lifestyle at http://www.a-to-z-wellness.com. She
is also an artist and you can view her original paintings