Reasons To Quit Smoking ~ [Issue 1005-3]
Oct 18, 2005 11:39 PDT
TOP TEN REASONS TO QUIT SMOKING
Dr. Steven Gay of the University of Michigan Health System has a top
10 list of reasons to quit smoking. "It is thought that half a
million people each year die from smoking-related diseases, making it
the number 1 cause of premature death in the United States," Gay
said. His list includes:
1. You will drastically cut your risk of developing lung and other
2. You will cough less and breathe easier.
3. You will be less likely to develop chronic lung diseases like
emphysema and bronchitis.
4. You will decrease your risk of heart disease and heart attack.
5. You will be less likely to have a stroke.
6. If you are a man, you will be less likely to experience erectile
7. If you are a woman, you will be less likely to have fertility
problems or give birth to a premature or low-birth-weight baby.
8. Quitting will help your personal appearance by reducing bad
breath, yellowed teeth and fingernails, premature skin aging, and
early hair loss.
9. If you quit, you will spare your spouse the dangers of second-hand
10. If you quit, you will keep your children from getting sick from