Welcome Guest!
 Work-Family-Life
    All Messages Next Message
What's the answer?  Alisa Hogan
 Feb 27, 2000 21:42 PST
The title of this discussion is Work, Family, Life-finding a balance. My
question is, or not?

In this day and age it seems we have more conveniences at our disposal
to make our lives easier and free up more time to devote to what is
important. To me, it appears we work harder and longer hours at the sake
of other aspects of our lives.

Most people work-whether a professional woman, a stay-at-home dad, or
just a labor job--most need to work. That need may be to satisfy
personal career fulfillment or provide food, clothing and shelter. One
way or another the job takes up a substantial amount of time and energy.
And, what's left? ...for our personal lives, for our families?

Families don't necessarily constitute the typical marriage and children.
These include parents and siblings as well.
And, what about time for yourself?

Stop me if I'm alone in this, but I feel there are never enough hours in
the day, days in the week, weeks in the year, and on....
I feel I cannot give my all to any one aspect well without another
suffering. Then the guilt and frustration of "Why can't I be all for
everyone?" I'm looking for answers on how to cope and come to terms with
the balancing act. Any suggestions?
Please, no feng shui....I can't figure it out.

    All Messages Next Message