Welcome Guest!
 Work-Family-Life
how much is TOO much?  Heather Mills
 Sep 27, 2004 08:07 PDT

--0-1018148648-1096297225=:6460

I am a nursing student with four children and a wonderful husband. I am currently looking for employment. My husband can pay the basic bills, but I have a daughter in ballet, one who wants to do cheerleading, one who wants gymnastics, 2 in girl scouts and private school. Everything seems to be building up, and I feel as if I'm going to burst sometimes. I promised my girls if they kept good grades they could participate in extracurricular activities, and I feel that this is important to their social well being. I quit working 3 years ago to attend college. With my clinicals taking up my daytime schedule, I will need to work second shift. My concern is that I will not have enough time to spend with my family. I keep saying to myself as soon as I graduate things will be easier, but honestly I don't know if this is the case. With nursing shortages am I going to have to work long hours. Being fresh out of school will I have to take the shift that no one else wants? It's not fair to tell
my girls that their activities will have to wait another year or so until I'm finished with school. My 7 year has been in ballet since she was 4 I hate to have to stop that, these things are important to them. Sometimes I just feel that there is not enough time for everything. I will not give up my education, I've worked entirely too hard.Any suggestions to help from wanting to pull my hair out?

--0-1018148648-1096297225=:6460

<DIV>I am a nursing student with four children and a wonderful husband. I am currently looking for employment. My husband can pay the basic bills, but I have a daughter in ballet, one who wants to do cheerleading, one who wants gymnastics, 2 in girl scouts and private school. Everything seems to be building up, and I feel as if I'm going to burst sometimes. I promised my girls if they kept good grades they could participate in extracurricular activities, and I feel that this is important to their social well being. I quit working 3 years ago to attend college. With my clinicals taking up my daytime schedule, I will need to work second shift. My concern is that I will not have enough time to spend with my family. I keep saying to myself as soon as I graduate things will be easier, but honestly I don't know if this is the case. With nursing shortages am I going to have to work long hours. Being fresh out of school will I have to take the shift that no one else wants? It's not fair to
tell my girls that their activities will have to wait another year or so until I'm finished with school. My 7 year has been in ballet since she was 4 I hate to have to stop that, these things are important to them. Sometimes I just feel that there is not enough time for everything. I will not give up my education, I've worked entirely too hard.Any suggestions to help from wanting to pull my hair out?</DIV><p>
<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br><a
href="http://vote.yahoo.com">vote.yahoo.com</a> - Register online to vote today!
--0-1018148648-1096297225=:6460--