April 30, Whiskey Island park sneak preview  Ed Hauser
 Apr 28, 2005 16:49 PDT

Sneak Preview of Northeast Ohio's

Newest Regional Gateway Park and the
Only Public Access Marina in Cleveland at

Saturday - April 30, 2005 - 12 noon to 2 p.m.

Feel free to stay and watch the sunset

12 p.m.- Walking Tour of the Whiskey Island Parkland

1 p.m. - Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy Dimora

Commissioner Dimora will share Cuyahoga County's vision for
acquiring the Whiskey Island parkland and marina for
continued public access and recreation.

The Friends of Whiskey Island is a citizen's organization
advocating for a public park, continued recreation, and
historic interpretation on Whiskey Island. We cordially
invite the Northeast Ohio community for a sneak preview of
Northeast Ohio's newest Regional Gateway Park - Wendy Park,
scheduled for a dedication on June 25, 2005.

Come and see the initial clean-up efforts of our new 20-acre
park and the only natural shoreline in downtown Cleveland.
The county's ecologically sensitive and fiscally sound plan
capitalizes on the re-use of existing lakefront assets by
restoring the parkland and natural shoreline, and retaining
the only public access marina in Cleveland.

In December 2004, Cuyahoga County acquired 60 acres of
precious lakefront and riverfront public trust land on
Whiskey Island. Now, the people of Cuyahoga County own the
rights, title and interests to this Whiskey Island property.

We are inviting the public to experience Whiskey Island and
learn about the future plans. Please attend and decide if
you will support keeping our Whiskey Island parkland and
marina for the people of this community. Our Whiskey Island
parkland and marina is in jeopardy of being acquired by the
Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority, before the end of
May 2005. Show your support for public lakefront access and

DIRECTIONS: Take the West Shoreway (Route 2) to the

Turn Right at the first road - follow signs to Whiskey
Island Marina and Wendy Park.

Contact Information: Ed Hauser - Friends of Whiskey Island

Phone: 216/651-3476            Email: w-@citizensvision.org