Welcome Guest!
 whirl
Re: Ride times, breakfast location etc ...?  Bill Hole
 Aug 05, 2011 10:31 PDT
Back in the day, we had more riders, and we would spontaneously sort ourselves into the fast group, the slow group, and the medium group. Unfortunately the slow and medium groups have drifted away over time. It would be great if more slow to medium riders would come so they could ride together while the fast group zooms ahead on the Bacchettas.

We always wait for awhile at the turnaround, so we can all reconnect before we head back to the start.

Bill Hole
bill_-@yahoo.com

________________________________
From: Michael Kenney <mken-@2bluenewts.com>
To: whi-@topica.com
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2011 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [WHIRL] Ride times, breakfast location etc ...?

Ah so I wouldn't be a hinderance…. more like an anchor.  :-)
Hey at least I know now, thanks.

Regards,

Michael Kenney
mken-@2bluenewts.com

On Aug 5, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Ed Meinel wrote:

My experience was that you are either a Bachetta club racer or you ride alone. YMMV.

Ed

________________________________
To: wh-@topica.com
From: mke-@2bluenewts.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:59:01 -0400

I'd love to join y'all at some point but I'm wondering if I'd be more of a hinderance.  Do you happen to have a sub group of slower riders?  I just recently got a tadpole trike and while I have done a few 20 mile rides I don't think I can hang with you two wheelers.

My average time riding from Aspen Hill  and then using Rock Creek Trail to Viers Mill Park where I get on Beach Drive to Stonybrook  and then back is a 20 mile ride and I average just over 12mph.

Regards,

Michael Kenney
mken-@2bluenewts.com

On Aug 5, 2011, at 11:10 AM, Bill Hole wrote:

Steve,

The official ride start is currently 8 AM, but the de facto time is 8:30 (sometimes we'll leave earlier than that, but never as early as 8). Starting Labor Day weekend the ride time will be an hour later.

If you ride, be sure to get the current route from one of the other riders because it has changed slightly since you were here. The main difference is the turnaround point, which is now picnic area 1, just past Pierce Mill.

After the ride we often meet at one of two cafes in Kensington: Cafe 1894 or The Tea Room.

Bill Hole
bill_-@yahoo.com