Welcome Guest!
 whirl
50 year project - arm and leg powered recumbent  Kathy Bilton
 Apr 13, 2012 06:15 PDT

Thanks to a Google alert, I saw a story about a guy in Tucson who's been
working on his bike for over 50 years.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/local-rider-invents-arm-and-leg-powered-recumbent-bike/

It seems that this segment, 2 Wheelin' in Tucson, is a regular one on that
channel. Here are some earlier ones:
http://www.kvoa.com/search/?sterm=wheelin+&sbutton=Go

BTW - I was riding the CCT from out past Chain Bridge into Georgetown a
couple of weeks ago on a nice Saturday and got to thinking recumbents
don't exist any longer. I saw not a single other one.

What I did see, and had never noticed before, was a small span of what
looked to be an old brige segment just before getting to Key Bridge. It's
now being used as a storage area for rowing shells. Curious about what
it was, when I got home, Google informed me that it was part of the old
Alexandria Aqueduct. From one page about it
http://www.potomacriver.org/history/regions/region%2008/section2.htm
comes the statement about Key Bridge: When traffic is jammed,
Washingtonians refer to the bridge as "The Car-Strangled Spanner."

--Kathy