Welcome Guest!
 wildgame
Bakersfield Bear Stew  Gary Phelps
 Feb 11, 2000 00:45 PST
Bakersfield Bear Stew

When I dress out a bear I always have plenty of trimmings to save for
this recipe. This is an excellent dish, everyone admits they can't even
tell it has wild game for the meat.

Ingredients

2 lbs. bear meat, cubed to 1 inch
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon season salt
5 celery stalks, sliced
1 lb carrots, sliced
5 large potatoes, peeled & sliced in chunks
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomato soup condensed

Lightly season meat with salt and pepper, coat with flour. Heat olive
oil in a skillet, add meat and brown. Place the meat in a dutch oven and
cover with water. Add season salt and bring to a boil, cover and simmer
for two hours.

Add vegetables and more water if needed, simmer for one hour. Add
Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, soup, salt, and pepper, simmer for 15
minutes. Remove heat and let it sit for 30 minutes. Ready to serve.