Welcome Guest!
 wildgame
Fruit Duck Breast with Venison  stewburner
 May 17, 2006 03:50 PDT

SAUSAGE and PEPPER ZITI Recipe with American Side Salad
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sausage-and-Pepper-Ziti-Recipe-salad-side-INSTANT-D-L_W0QQitemZ4463569618QQcategoryZ20475QQcmdZViewItem

**Exported from Cookbook Wizard Recipe Software**v2.0

Recipe Name: Fruit Duck Breast With Venison

Cuisine: Venison
Category: Venison
Preparation: boil
Temperature:
Servings: 8

Ingredients:
2 lb Round steak (Elk or Deer)
Salt
5 ea Half Breasts of Duck, Boned
1/4 c Mushroom Caps
1 tb Vegetable Oil
1/4 c Orange Juice
2 tb Grated Orange Peel
1/2 c Can Peaches, Pureed
1/2 c Can Pineapple, Pureed
1/3 c Whipping Cream
1 ts Bacon Drippings
2 tb Butter
1/2 ts Chopped Fresh Garlic
1 ts Tomato Paste
1 c Chicken Broth
1 tb Clover Honey

Instructions:
About the only wild game I have tried and did not like is DUCK. That is, until I came across a recipe a couple of years ago and modified it to my taste. I think you will agree this is the easiest "good tasting" duck recipe you will come across. In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil, add 1 tablespoon butter and bacon drippings. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and sauté for about two minutes. Remove and set aside. Add garlic, brown duck breasts on both sides, remove and set aside. Add remaining butter and reduce heat to simmer. When the butter is melted add orange rind, tomato paste, chicken broth, orange juice, and honey. Stir over moderate heat until mixture comes to a boil. Add pineapple and peach, bring back to a boil. Place breasts in a large pot and coat with sauce.Cook over low heat about 20 minutes. Arrange breasts on heat-proof serving platter. Whisk whipped cream into sauce and add mushrooms. Spoon sauce over breasts and place in the broiler. Brown lightly and serve. Source: http://www.SailorRandR.com/recipes/

BOOKS, NOVELTIES, POSTCARDS, RECIPES, LIGHTERS, GAGS, KNIVES
Recipe Downloads: http://www.SailorRandR.com/recipes/
eBAY Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Sailors-Deals-4-U
amazon Store: http://www.amazon.com/shops/sailorrandr
Main Store: http://www.SailorRandR.com/shop/