Welcome Guest!
 wildgame
Fruit Duck Breast With Venison  stewburner
 Jul 27, 2006 01:23 PDT

38 CANDY BAR RECIPES - Desserts and treats made using candy bars.
http://www.sailorrandr.com/download/mr/candybar38.htm

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Fruit Duck Breast With Venison
Categories: Venison, Fowl, Duck, Wildgame
      Yield: 8 Servings

      2 lb Round steak (Elk or Deer)
           Salt
      5 ea Half Breasts of Duck, Boned
    1/4 c Mushroom Caps
      1 tb Vegetable Oil
    1/4 c Orange Juice
      2 tb Grated Orange Peel
    1/2 c Can Peaches, Pureed
    1/2 c Can Pineapple, Pureed
    1/3 c Whipping Cream
      1 ts Bacon Drippings
      2 tb Butter
    1/2 ts Chopped Fresh Garlic
      1 ts Tomato Paste
      1 c Chicken Broth
      1 tb Clover Honey

About the only wild game I have tried and did not like is DUCK. That is,
until I came across a recipe a couple of years ago and modified it to my
taste. I think you will agree this is the easiest "good tasting" duck
recipe you will come across.

In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil, add 1 tablespoon butter and bacon
drippings. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and sauté for about two
minutes. Remove and set aside. Add garlic, brown duck breasts on both
sides, remove and set aside. Add remaining butter and reduce heat to
simmer. When the butter is melted add orange rind, tomato paste, chicken
broth, orange juice, and honey. Stir over moderate heat until mixture comes
to a boil. Add pineapple and peach, bring back to a boil. Place breasts in
a large pot and coat with sauce.Cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
Arrange breasts on heat-proof serving platter. Whisk whipped cream into
sauce and add mushrooms. Spoon sauce over breasts and place in the broiler.
Brown lightly and serve.

Source: http://www.SailorRandR.com/recipes/

-----

BOOKS, NOVELTIES, POSTCARDS, RECIPES, LIGHTERS, GAGS, KNIVES
Main Store: http://www.SailorRandR.com/shop/
Border Patrol Caps: http://www.SailorRandR.com/sell/borderpatrol/
Digital Downloads: http://www.SailorRandR.com/download/
eBAY Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Sailors-Deals-4-U