Welcome Guest!
 Gundogs
RE: off season for labs  Ron Morelos
 Sep 06, 2004 11:29 PDT

Hi Trey-

Sorry for the late reply. IMO, coat is genetic. Either they have the
correct coat or they don't. I have 4 dogs with varying degree of coat,
all sleep in the house. I live in So. California were the weather
doesn't get too cold, ever. Three of my 4 dogs have good coats, 2 have
outstanding, thick harsh coats. My oldest can't grow and undercoat even
if we lived in Alaska. That's just my opinion ;-)

Ron

Warren, Trey wrote:
 I have 2 chocolate labs, male and female. One stays in and the other
one comes in some. Do you think that the dog's coat will look better if
they stay in the house more so they don't shed as much or should they
stay outside and shed?