Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
Re: Iraq sign-on sheet  Robert Randall
 Nov 20, 2006 18:08 PST
doug mackenzie wrote:
 word 97? no can read, dude
subverting the dominant paradigm

I don't blame anyone for avoiding Microsoft, Doug. My own preference is WordPerfect, but I've found that few people can open that, so I've succumbed to the dominant paradigm!

Here's the text of the call; attach it to any sign-on form you'd like. In the one I did up, we're asking for signature, printed name, position and/or title and/or organization for identification purposes, phone numbers, address, and e-mail.

Don't Pay for War in Iraq!

The war in Iraq has cost hundreds of thousands of lives, many more maimed and psychologically injured, and devastated Iraqi society.

Our own society is also being devastated by the direction of federal tax dollars to the war. Our infrastructure is falling apart and real human needs, such as education and health care, are not met.

The majority of people oppose this war, and yet the death and destruction will continue so long as the U.S. military remains in Iraq. Billions more dollars will be spent making us less safe.

To stop this madness we, the people, must stop paying for war. We cannot wait for others to stop it for us.

We refuse to pay for the war.

We call on others to join us by refusing to pay some or all of their federal income taxes and redirecting the money toward healing the wounds of war and meeting real human needs.