Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
successful Tax Day leafletting  Robert Randall
 Apr 17, 2007 13:22 PDT

Wow! We really mis-calculated on the number of pie chart flyers we could
have given out today. We had ordered 500 from the War Resisters League and
divided them between the downtown Brunswick (GA) and the St. Simons Island
post offices. I was worried we'd have dozens left over after a full day of
leafletting.

Uh-uh. They were all gone at both P.O.'s by 11 AM! At the Brunswick P.O.
we fortunately had a couple of hundred "Cost of War" flyers left over from
last Fall, highlighting the costs of the Iraq War to Georgia and the 1st
congressional district, and we promptly gave out of them, too. We were
headed home by 12:45.

This was a resounding success for the first Tax Day-related action in Glynn
County since many, many years ago when Karl Meyer and Kathy Kelly happened
to be in town with their "Heroes of the Gulf War" truck. When was that?
1992? We gave out about 700 flyers altogether today. We'll just have to
remember to get twice as many leaflets if we do this again.

Most responses, of course, were positive. And we signed up some new members
for our local anti-Iraq War group.

It was a small thing by wtr standards, but definitely a step forward, for
most of these folk, to be handing out something which even mentions not
paying taxes!

See y'all in a few weeks at the NWTRCC meeting in Sherborn.

                                Peace,
                                Robert