Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
Letter to an IRS employee  doug mackenzie
 Apr 15, 2008 18:32 PDT
here's our letter to an IRS employee:

April 15, 2008

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service Center
Fresno, CA

Re:            Conscientious Objection to War Taxes

Dear IRS employee:

We hereby advise you that we cannot in good conscience pay federal taxes
that support terrorist wars.

Innocent lives are being taken all over the globe at the hand of the federal
government. This is most glaringly notable in Iraq and Afghanistan but is
happening in many places and to diverse peoples. This continues in
contravention of the principles set forth in the US Declaration of
Independence, the US Constitution and in international law.

War is terrorism with a large budget and the Bush administration and the
complicit Congress eagerly employ countless billions in taxes to pay the
way. Our interactions with our Congressional "representatives" reveal a
group complicit in the terrorist state; a group more interested in promoting
the agendas of lobbyists, moneyed interests and dealers in perquisites than
in serving the people; a people in need of peace and an environment able to
sustain future generations.

We will not stand by as lives are taken. We will not support the killing of
people and the destruction of societies. We conscientiously, openly and
whole-heartedly object to this killing. We actively refuse to participate
in this killing by resisting federal tax collection.

We work for a day when war is no longer, when there is peace among people,
and love, community and cooperation in the world.

Douglas E. Mackenzie
Maureen D. Mackenzie