Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
Re: IRS contact  Carol Moore in DC
 Oct 27, 2010 08:19 PDT

The problem with doing it when you make a lot of money is they get so
much interest and fines, which almost defeats the purpose. Better to do
"token" resistance of whatever feels right - be it for you $500 or
$2000, or whatever - and make them go through the effort of collecting.

Having a community helps. I know since our local DC chapter pretty much
melted away I'm less inclined to explain my resistance or meet with
them. From letters I'm getting from them I can see that in a month or
so they will be taking 15% of my Social Security (just started in July)
til I'm paid up with what they claim I owe (which is only about $5000
right now). But just not even bothering to communicate with them
currently. In your position where it's a lot of money and their could be
that one agent whose out for blood, it's good to have a few friends who
will show up with you if they call you in.

Maybe you can at least visit with some WTR group within a few hundred
miles (or even local sympathetic peace group) . Get some video of them
and you meeting and sharing stories, so that you'll have that to "guilt
trip" any agents with should a personal meeting ever come about.

Carol in dc

On 10/26/2010 10:17 PM, bilj-@spiretech.com wrote:
 I'm glad you're still "here," Nick - and apparently unrepentent - that
speaks volumes about the depth of your commitment and conviction, and good
for you. I only hope that you have a community of support - I'm glad to
have heard from you, sorry they were successful in the money grab - at
least they had to work for it! pam
 I'm still here. :)

They found my bank account AND garnished my wages. So they got about
$69k total owed for 2 years + $9k extra because of the overlapping
wage garnishment. What a mess.

So now I'm waiting on my $9k check back from the IRS.

So my resistance won't be near as large anymore since I started
working W2 this year. Not much I can do there. I hope to get back to
contracting (1099) soon, tho.

Nick

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Robert G. Randall II
<rran-@compuserve.com> wrote:
 Nick Collins wrote way back on August 17, 2010:
    Then she [IRS agant] said she was going to go directly to enforcement
because she didn't believe I would cooperate.<

And that seems to be the last we heard from you, Nick.
Probably shows just how "direct" things are within the IRS. :-)
Anything happening?

                             -- Robert

   NOTE: opinions expressed in posts to wtr-s are those of the author and
do not express the position of the National War Tax Resistance
Coordinating Committee (www.nwtrcc.org), which maintains this list
solely for the purpose of providing a public forum for war tax resisters
and friends.

--
Carol Moore in DC
http://carolmoore.net/

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
the National Security Agency may have read this
email without judicial or legislative oversight
or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.