Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
Re: Banks  Dana Visalli
 Oct 31, 2010 16:56 PST
And as I mentioned once before, it is possible with small banks that have no branches to have an account in somebody else's name,
or more meaninfully, someone else's SS#. There can be two signers on the account but they only take the SS# of the first person.
Apparently this option does not exist with banks with branches; only dog knows why this is the case.

When the IRS siezed my account some years ago, the bank president came up to the teller window and explained this technique to
me!

Dana
----- Original Message -----
From: Heather Snow
To: wtr-@igc.topica.com
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [wtr-s] Banks

Thank You Chris, I have to agree. Keeping small amounts in the bank is
so much easier to pay bills....all the bills are connected to banks. I
mean, living without a bank, is like living without a car. Almost
impossible. That's how the FEDS want it.
I don't keep all my money in the bank, and enjoy having cash on
Heather