Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
Re: Banks  Lawrence A. Rosenwald
 Nov 01, 2010 07:04 PST
wtr-@igc.topica.com writes:
 And as I mentioned once before, it is possible with small banks that have
no branches to have an account in somebody else's name,
or more meaninfully, someone else's SS#. There can be two signers on
the account but they only take the SS# of the first person.
Apparently this option does not exist with banks with branches; only dog
knows why this is the case.

When the IRS siezed my account some years ago, the bank president came up
to the teller window and explained this technique to
me!

Dana
We keep our money in a local bank (two branches). I love Dana's story
about the bank president!
But here's a question. As noted in an earlier exchange with Carol Moore,
I think of war tax resistance as an act of civil disobedience, and in that
context - and for other reasons - I am not trying not to be penalized;
rather the being penalized is for me part of the civil disobedience. I
hate being levied, I should make clear! But I understand being penalized
as part of the process, and when I'm penalized, when we're levied, I take
that occasion to publicize what we're doing.
I'm guessing from the responses to this thread, and from other threads,
that other readers of this list don't think of wtr as civil disobedience,
or think of civil disobedience in a different way, and I'd be interested
in understanding these other conceptual frameworks better, if readers
would be willing to comment on them.

All good wishes,

Larry Rosenwald