Welcome Guest!
 wtr-s
RE: Banks  Randy Belmont
 Nov 01, 2010 12:06 PST

Actually, not using banks is really not that hard. Cash checks at the
local corner store or bar. You can pay many utility bills directly at
local drug stores and purchase money orders for other bills. You can
also recycle checks because all checks are drafts for money. Example:
You have a bill for $100.00 owed to ABC Co. and a check made out to you
for $75.00. Sign and write pay to the order of ABC Co. on the back of
the check and purchase a money order for $25.00. Send both of these to
ABC Co. and your bill is paid. Additionally, if the check is bad the
issuer of the check and not yourself is liable. You can also purchase a
pre-loaded debit card for internet purchases etc. at 100's of stores.
I understand that we all must use Federal Reserve Notes to survive, but
it is not hard to ween yourself from the constant use of banks. If you
must keep an account keep very little in it and cash your checks for
cash and use the methods I described above. Additionally, you will
never have an overdraft or bounced check fee again.