Welcome Guest!
 Yugntruf
[nisht-yugntruf] Yiddish and Hebrew Language Professionals Needed  Yugntruf
 Sep 22, 2005 07:46 PDT

Zayt im moykhl vos s'iz in gantsn af english.

=======================================

Dear Sholem Berger,

We obtained your contact information through Der Bay, The
International Anglo-Yiddish Newsletter's translator information
page. We hope you will be able to assist us in locating
professionals and/or educators to assist us in scoring activities
for the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations'
Bilingual Education Assessments in Yiddish and/or Hebrew.

National Evaluation Systems, Inc. (NES®), as contracted by the New
York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking native and/or
fluent speakers of languages other then English to assist in scoring
the written and spoken components of the New York State Teacher
Certification Examinations (NYSTCE®). At this time we are in the
process of developing a scorer-pool of educators and professionals
to participate in scoring the recently redeveloped Bilingual
Education Assessments in Hebrew and Yiddish. We hope you will
consider serving as a scorer for this very important activity
and/or may recommend qualified individuals.

The purpose of the NYSTCE® program is to ensure that teachers
seeking certification have the knowledge and skills necessary
to teach effectively in New York State Schools. The Hebrew and
Yiddish Bilingual Education Assessments (BEAs) are required of
candidates seeking a bilingual education extension certificate.
These tests consist of multiple-choice questions and constructed
response assignments. They include listening, speaking, reading,
and writing components. Scorers are provided with a thorough
orientation to the methodology of assessing the constructed assignments.

Scoring sessions are held after each test administration at the
NES-Malta, NY office, located 25 miles north of Albany. Individuals
participating in these scoring sessions are typically requested to
commit one or two working days, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5
p.m.. Scorers are compensated on an hourly basis for orientation
and all scoring activities. Catered lunch and refreshments are
provided daily. Individuals traveling more than 40 miles (one-way)
to Malta, NY are eligible for travel expense reimbursement and
overnight accommodations.

If you are interested in becoming a scorer, and/or would like to
nominate friends or co-workers, please send email to
nysc-@mail.nesinc.com or you may call Elizabeth Murray Horowitz,
Foreign Language Project Manager at 1-800-877-4594 or 518-899-7255.
We hope you will consider participating in the important activity.
Thank you.