Welcome Guest!
 Yugntruf
[nisht-yugntruf] Aschs "Motke Ganev" (af English)  Yugntruf
 Oct 27, 2005 09:44 PDT

Tajere Yugntrufers,

    Zayt azoi gut, un kum un zen a vikhtike, historishe kulturale ovnt
inem teater - a nayer iberzetsung af english (mit a sakh Yidishe verter
dermit) fun Sholem Asch's vunderbarlikhe drame Motke Ganev. A
psykologishe portret fun a criminal, Paul Muni iz gevorn barimt ven er
hot geshpielt dem hoipt rol. Geshribn in New York in 1917, doz iz der
ershter mol di piesa iz geshpielt af english. Mir veln anhaybn shpieln
Donershtik, dem 17th November un endikn shabbes ovnt, dem 17 December
bay University Settlement, 184 Eldridge Street. (F train to 2nd Ave)
Biletn - $15. www.motkethief.com, www.smarttix.com oder afn telefon
212-868-4444. Aaron Beall (er hot gekrign an Obie un iz der bashefer
fun The New York International Fringe Festival) is der rezshiseur. 15
actoirn shpieln mer vi 30 roln. Caraid O'Brien (God of Vegeance, The
Dead Man, Jake the Mechanic) iz di iberzetserke.

Mit frayndtshaft,

Caraid O'Brien
caraid-@aol.com

====================

Dear Yugntruf,

Would Yugntruf members be interested in attending a rare and historical
theatrical event relating to the Jewish experience in New York City?
University Settlement is producing my translation of Sholem Asch's
Yiddish gangster epic MOTKE THIEF.    A psychological portrait of a
criminal, MOTKE THIEF also launched the career of Academy Award winner
Paul Muni and is an important American play.   Written in Yiddish New
York City in 1917, this is the first time the play is being produced in
English (with Yiddish phrases and words used throughout). We open on
the lower east side Nov 17. Tickets are $15 and we have reserved
Thursday and Saturday evening performances for synagogues and
organizations.   We would love to have your group attend.

For more info about the show and reviews of past productions, please
visit www.motkethief.com or give me a call at 917-348 1001, many thanks,
caraid o'brien.